The invitation-only programme for companies to sell products directly to the Amazon Retail team. Amazon becomes your retailer, selling your products to end consumers – they are listed as ‘sold by Amazon’. We manage your account via a portal called Vendor Central.
An invitation from Amazon is needed for an Amazon Retail account, which allows you to sell directly to Amazon (business-to-business). On Amazon Marketplace, you sell direct to consumers.
• Sell B2B to Amazon
• Must be invited by Amazon Retail team
• Amazon determines order volumes
• Control over listing content with additional tools/options available
• Negotiated payment terms
• Potential for larger volume
• Negotiable returns policy
• Access to full range of Amazon advertising, marketing and promotional tools
• Sell direct to end consumers
• Anyone can sell on Marketplace
• Control over own inventory
• Limited control over listing content and no additional tools
• 2-3 week payment cycle
• Potential for higher margins
• Automated returns/refunds
• Limited marketing tools
There’s huge potential for volume sales, whilst maintaining control over your brand content and making use of the Amazon marketing machine that reaches shoppers all over the world. Having your products listed as ‘sold by Amazon’ boosts credibility and consumer confidence, too.
Amazon Retail and Marketplace don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We recommend running both, and we can guide you every step of the way.
We help you navigate your relationship with Amazon, helping you maximise sales whilst making sure you maintain effective channel management. Essentially we become part of your sales team, as your Amazon experts.
• Account setup, pricing analysis, product submissions
• Shipping and logistics guidance
• Content updates and account administration
• Monitoring reviews and duplicate listings
• Financial management and reporting
• Sales promotions
• A+ (EMC) content and brand pages, Vine review programme
• Amazon advertising
• Are your products already sold on Amazon, and by whom?
• Who are your competitors and what markets are you targeting?
• Do you have warehouse and logistics partners?
• Do you have product details and good quality imagery available?
• What marketing budget are you prepared to invest?
• Are you committed to growing Amazon into a major sales channel for your business?